Somethings I’ve wanted to blog but haven’t:
- Tonight 16 people went to eat @ Del Pueblo all juniors and seniors and student ministry adult leaders. We were very loud and boisterous and had fun. When it came to leave the waiter said someone paid our bill for us. Turns out and older couple (who I think were drunk, but that’s iffy) was so impressed by us praying and pouring into each other, he wanted to buy our meal. They said they wished they had something like that when they were younger. I think it really impacted the students, they could see they touched that couples life just being themselves.
- I went over to the Pollocks house tonight to watch Lost. I gotta tell you I was really impressed by their dedication and knowledge of the show. They were pulling quotes/names/theories out that I hadn’t thought about or had forgotten about. I love that I’m surrounded by Lost freaks here. Just goes to show you that God really does bless you with more when he takes something away.
- Had lunch at Subway a while back with Jordan and Erika. Joe you would be proud to know that I am spreading your earth friendly idea of compacting all Subway trash into one chip bag. We had the subway sandwich artist take a picture of us holding up the bag of chips, when I get it from Jordan I’ll post it. (this might be one of those you had to be there moments) Also we had a funny moment where Erika saw neon signs at a furniture store that said Dining, Open, Sofa, and Pedro. Erika was like why Pedro – turns out it was Bedroom.
- Erika was telling of a teacher’s name achey pronounced aki and a student one day said you should have a child named Terry (teriyaki).
- We went to IHOP after Truth on Wednesday and Brandon and I played thumps. It’s the first time I haven’t won. We called a truce after a long duel.
- A group of use went to Pei Wei Tuesday and Michael hit Andy on the back of the neck with a chopstick. Andy waited a few moments and the retaliated by picking up a noodle with his chopsticks and slinging it at Michael. Well it was hilarious because not only did it slap him pretty good (imagine towel flick effect) but it was also called “blazing noodles” and it just happened to hit Michael in the eye. So for the next 20 minutes Michael’s eye was on fire. It wasn’t until we were almost done that the phrase came out, “I’m sorry I hit you with a blazing noodle!” Priceless quote!