This is a video that we created to give new people a taste of our ministry and we also used it for a get together we had with parents and church staff to get people interested in serving.
Archives For Truth Student Ministry
I love Planning Center Online. It Rocks. It runs my ministry. The awesome tech support I have received has been amazing. I could go on and on but you have to check it out. They just made some more updates today. Read about it here. My favorite is text messaging! AH YEAH!
Here is what we use it for:
- Manage Band
- Manage Tech people
- Manage all volunteers for before/after and during our services
- Manage all Lifegroup leaders
- Provide training materials as a downloadable attachment
- Plan services
- Communication between Adult and Student Ministries
- Communication to all our volunteers
I encourage you to watch this video to get a small taste of what PCO can do.
We did a series called “Talking Donkeys” in Truth Student Ministries. It was all about hard to believe stories in the Bible. We did Balaam’s Talking Donkey, The Floating Ax Head, and the story of Dry Bones.This is how we opened our service for the Dry Bones story. I think it helped bring home the idea of bones rising up from the dead. We used a mix between video and drama for this. Truth Student Ministries does Thriller from Tim Lemons on Vimeo.
This got stuck in my drafts and thought I would go ahead and post it. Sports N Sex Lock in was on April 25th and 26th.
So we had like 13 kids signed up for the Sports and Sex Lock-in the day before the event and we were hoping to have way more.We ended up having 55 kids, 15 Sr High volunteers and 10 or so adult volunteers. It was a great night. We had 7 teams of 9 people and 7 different sports going on.
- Assault – totally American Gladiator style. Peyton up in the DJ booth chucking tennis balls at students as they try to make their way through 5 stations tipping a cone over at each station for a point. We also timed them to see who could get through the fastest
- Crab Soccer – everybody on their hands and feet crab style playing soccer
- Dodgeball – nuff said
- Basketball – 5 on 5 (sometimes more) on 8ft goals. Slamma Jamma time! Yeah Baby!
- Ping Pong
Just noticed Frank put me up on our homepage today! Go ahead… ask me a question! I dare ya!
Hey everyone. Megan is getting to come home tomorrow! Which is amazing. Thank you all for your prayers!
They discovered glass in her eye and sewed it shut so it could heal properly. They did not have to wire her jaw shut and the doctors feel confident that the reconstructive surgery went well.
Megan got some rest last night and is looking forward to getting home tomorrow.
Thank you all for your prayers!